Tuesday 16 September 2014

Extended Research For Movie Trailers

 Today I have looked at how movie trailers are structured and the transitions used between the clips. So I began with selecting a movie trailer (Interstallar) and worked my way through looking at what is essential for movie trailers and how they are typically organised. Every trailer usually starts with the green audience card displayed below, therefore, I have decided that it essential for me to include this in mine, in addition I have made a note of how long this card is shown for so that I can apply this to my trailer. 


From watching this trailer I have learnt that it is more effective to show the institution identifications slightly further into the trailer and show some clips of the film before hand.

Another tip that I have learnt through watching example movie trailers is that the institution identifications should only be displayed for a very short period of time - a second.






This trailer has also demonstrated that when informative text is displayed on screen neither the font of the text nor the background of the text need be very complex. As shown above a simple white font can be use on a plain black background. I feel that this technique has more impact upon the viewer  than making things too complex and confusing for them.


As shown it is also very effective having a very simplistic background for the main title of the film as it adds impact and gives more emphasis. For this reason I am planning on having bright red text for the title upon a plain black background so that the title of the film is very clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment